Sunday 22 March 2015

How A Student Can Be A Good Leader


HOW CAN A STUDENT BE A GOOD LEADER?        
                                                                           Twitter TwitterFacebook FacebookLinkedIn Linkedin


Image result for great student leadersEverybody I know wants their voice to be heard. Obviously, some are better at addressing themselves then others, however it is important for everybody to have their ideas heard. I understand not everybody wants to be the center of attention, but a  leader typically is. However to be a good leader you need to have the courage to talk to people. Tell them your thoughts, ideas and don't be afraid to instruct them. A good leader is never afraid to be honest with their team. For example, Sidney Crosby, captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins is so admire able, his teammates and coaches look up to him for advice.

Image result for leaders
www.gotscapes.com/its-not-my-fault, 2012
As a student, I personally know how it feels to find your identity, because I am still trying to find mine. Some are quiet, loud, some have special talents.I myself am an extrovert, which I believe a good leader needs to be. A good leader can communicate instructions well with honesty, passion and a good sense of humour. A leader has to convince people why they should lead you. Have you ever been led by somebody who you could not stand, or just was plain stupid? I have. If you have peanuts for brains the last thing you should be doing is leading somebody, because chances are you're setting them up for failure. I was in a group once, where I was led by a girl and she did not like listening to anybody else's ideas. It was frustrating because anything I did or said did not fly by her. I felt so under minded, after that project our friendship fell apart, and I did not want to speak to her again.

Image result for leaders

, Deepak. How To become A Great Leader, 2013

Just because you were out in a leadership role, doesn't mean you have to be a arrogant boss. A good leader not only communicates their opinions, but they listen to everybody else's. This is very important because a happy team is a winning team. I consider myself a leader because I love encouraging people's thoughts and ideas. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. I listen, because one idea may enhance my ideas. Also give credit when credit is due. Don't make somebody unhappy by stealing their work. Not only is it unethical however it is wrong and will make somebody resent the fact they have ever spoke to you. This ruins friendships and will give your name a bad reputation. Be loyal, courageous, friendly, have a sense of humour,and emphasize. Understand people's emoticons just like they are your own and this will take you a long way. People will admire and respect you, and you will be highly successful. A good leader also commits themselves to whatever it is they said they would. Dedication and perseverance comes along way, no successful leader ever said they did not work hard for what they have. Would you be a good leader?

 . Image result for leaders success


Please interact with me I would love to hear your opinions. My gmail is is jordanmattie17@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook as Jordan Mattie
iammattie@blogger.com       
And follow me on twitter @jmattie17 
                                 



    LIKE THIS? SHARE IT!

      Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment