Saturday 21 March 2015

What Sets the Good Leaders Apart From the Bad Ones




Image result for good leader

 (Fisher, Brooks. www.avanoo.com, 2014)
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE  TALKING TO A LEADER? 
                                   

Have you ever had a so called leader whom you did not trust? They were non negotiable and you found their opinions to be false and stupid? I have. Being a leader is much more than saying you are number one on your team. A leader is honest and trustworthy A leader is somebody who communicates well and not afraid to be blunt, somebody you can share your opinions with. Also, this one is very important, they don't have peanuts for brains! Now quite frankly I have been on a losing squad and a winning squad, and the reason we were not successful was because the leader could not control his team. He was trying to be the top dog and controlled everything such as who could speak. He did not make me or any other team members feel honouired to be led by him which ultimately lead to failure, catastrophe and disappointment.


Image result for leadership banner
, Chris.  How to Influence Your leadership, 2013
The most important characteristic of leadership is being able to communicate to your team. These are the people who rely on what you say to get the job done, whether you are on the field or in the office. People who are great communicators listen to their team and encourage everybody to share their ideas. People who only listen to their own ideas are bound to fail and let their team down because soon nobody will want to be on their team. I remember being involved in a group project my first semester in College, and the leader of our group was so horrific, I did not want to be on her team anymore. I wrote an essay, and without reading it she disregarded my paper and wrote another one. I felt so under-minded I did not want to speak with her anymore. If she listened to my ideas more, I would have felt obligated to share some of them, instead I shunned her out.

Image result for positive ]leader talking cartoon
Fores, Mike. 2014. New Grounds.com 

I've never met anybody in my life who could do everything by themselves, and a good leader knows how to make use of people's abilities in a good way.  They encourage people by motivating them, they speak to them as an equal and how  they want to be spoken to. Personally, I love being in a leadership role because I like encouraging people to do their best and most importantly I listen to them which even enhances my ideas. You can tell a good and bad leader apart from their attitudes, and I don't know about any of you, but If I'm not in a leadership role, don't you think you would have a lot more success with somebody who cares about not just themselves but you too? 

Please interact with me I would love to hear your opinions. My gmail is is jordanmattie17@gmail.com
Find me on Facebook as Jordan Mattie
iammattie@blogger.com       
And follow me on twitter @jmattie17 
                                 


    LIKE THIS? SHARE IT!
     Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment